The term “content marketing” may initially seem rather vague, but this valuable form of marketing has risen in prominence over recent years due primarily to how incredibly effective it can be. At Bevolved, we offer a complete content marketing service that can allow your business to take advantage of this hugely-popular marketing technique.
What is content marketing?
Content marketing is, in essence, a marketing technique that involves providing people with information they want to know. This primarily takes the form of written content such as how-to guides and explainers; information that is inherently valuable to the reader. In good content marketing – such as the service as offered by Bevolved – the content will also primarily be evergreen, in that it will be as relevant in 10 years as it is today.
Is content marketing just articles?
Far from it, Content Marketing can be any form of helpful, informative and valuable information, including:
- Blog posts
- How-to guides
- White papers
- … and many more
Essentially, any form of content that can be produced in such a way as to deliver helpful, reliable information to consumers can be used as part of a content marketing strategy.
Is content marketing promotional?
Absolutely not – which can make many businesses wonder why this is a form of marketing they should engage with. Content marketing seeks, as its primary goal, to provide useful, beneficial information to the reader; it does not seek to promote the company.
So how is content marketing useful to a business?
The content of content marketing may not be promotional, but that doesn’t mean that the marketing side isn’t useful.
For example, let’s say that you run a business offering a window repair service to domestic customers. You could create, with the help of Bevolved, an article that explains how to clean windows to a streak-free finish.
In isolation, this doesn’t seem that useful to your business. You’ll be telling a lot of people how to clean their windows, but the content isn’t directly promoting your business, so it seems fairly unimportant.
However, while it’s not promotional, that information provides two key benefits:
- If a person queries a Google search for window cleaning tips, they will discover your website. This helps to establish your brand. If the tips are genuinely useful, that user is going to remember your brand in future – and the next time they do need a window repair, the chances are your company will be the first one they consider.
- Your article also helps to establish your company’s authority. The fact that the article isn’t promotional actually makes people trust it more and, subsequently, trust your business more. Establishing your company as a leading authority within your niche is hugely beneficial to your business’ reputation.
Many forms of content written by companies focus on promoting the company – but who wants to read a non-stop sales page? Virtually no one; there’s no benefit to the reader if they are reading 10 Reasons Why This Company Is Great. We all fast-forward commercials and skip ads because there’s little benefit to us in actively taking note of a brand’s promotional activities – but we will stick around to read helpful information provided by an authority related to that subject. Content marketing leverages this tendency; the promotional aspect is minimised, and instead, content focuses on creating a unique brand identity.
How can content marketing help your business?
- By correctly utilising content marketing, your business can become a leading authority in your industry, trusted by customers and business-to-business readers to provide clear, helpful information related to your niche. This bolsters the reliability of your brand and creates an impression of expertise in a way that no other marketing strategy can achieve.
- Content marketing is also highly likely to increase your sales, as people who have engaged with your content marketing are more likely to trust and think favourably of your business.
- Content marketing can also be beneficial for your SEO, particularly in terms of the ever-growing voice search market. If your content answers questions people are likely to ask when conducting an internet search, you will naturally create improved SERPs that can be beneficial to your overall promotional strategy.
About Bevolved’s Content Marketing Services
At Bevolved, we have sought to create a comprehensive marketing service that allows your business to deliver high-quality, reputable, consistent content to users. We will ensure that the content we produce on your behalf is naturally authoritative, helps to build your brand, and enhances your brand’s reputation. If you wish to introduce content marketing to your company’s marketing portfolio. Please get in touch using 0161 5314 789, email@example.com or the contact form below.